Many women struggle with excess belly fat. Unfortunately this stubborn area tends to be a part of our female DNA. If you are bothered by this bulge and want to feel more confident in your clothes this article is for you!
- Wear high waisted pants or Paper bag shorts: These babies will create a more flattering waistline and hide your pooch. We love paper bag shorts you should check out our Dani & Sabrina Shorts. Looking for work pants look into our Luciana pants.
- Wear loose fit maxi dresses or empire waist dresses: Let the attention fall on your dress and not your middle. For this we like our bestselling Aly Dress (size up for a looser fit), the Vanessa Maxi and the Rainbow Maxi which completely blurs any bulges.
- Choose tops with frills, pleats or draping so they don’t stick to your skin. Our Periwinkle off the shoulder top is a nice solution. It has a more boxy cut and a texture that distracts the eye. You Make Me Blush Top is a nice alternative as well. You can adjust the bow to create more or less pleating at the bottom of the top, covering the stomach area.
- Peplum tops! The cinched waist and cute flair will help cover a belly pouch effortlessly.
- Highlight a different body part. Show off your stems or wear a strapless top: Skin stand out more than the color of our clothing. Drawing attention to a pretty neckline or a pair of long legs will instantly.
- Wear tunics: Tunics are not only super comfortable, but they effortlessly cover a belly bulge. Try our lightweight Peyton Sweater, Orange you glad I didn’t say Banana Top & Adrena Split Sleeve top.
- Solid color tops: Solid colors tend to create a slimmer look. We recommend our James Top, Piper Ruffle Top and Monica Bell Sweater.
- Skirts!! Specifically, high waisted skirts are key! These babies will create the look of a more hourglass figure: try our Peony Skirt, Sofia Snakeskin Mini & our 3 Maxi Skirts!
- Wear cardigans: Cardigans allow you to wrap up in something cozy while still looking stylish and hiding your belly. For Spring we’re loving the Dreamy Striped Cardigan.
- Wear a loose but waist flattering Dress: We recommend our Molly Dress to accomplish this look. The braided belt cinches your waist but the full bottom leaves plenty of room for your belly to breathe!
- Wear dark colors: It’s no secret that dark colors cover excess fat than lighter colors. When it comes to black we like to think we’re experts. Monochromatic black outfits are one of our favorites. This look never goes out of style and is season-less. You can accomplish this look and apply our other concepts. For example, match our Megan Jeggings with the Adrena Top or wear the Aly Dress one size up with a pair of nude heels to elongate your leg. The Lacey Top is a nice black date night top. Embellished Mia Top is great for work, it can also be tucked into a high waisted black skirt.